Li-Cor LI-200R Pyranometer
Recommended for early stage prospecting, the Li-Cor LI-200R pyranometer is an excellent general purpose solar radiation sensor.
The LI-200R measures Global Horizontal Irradiance (GHI) - the combination of Direct Normal Irradiance (DNI) and Diffuse horizontal irradiance (DHI). The sensing element measures sunlight in watts per square meter (W/m2) and provides a small current signal that is compatible with any Symphonie series data logger when equipped with a Symphonie® SCM Card.
The LI-200R is an improved version of the popular Li-Cor LI-200SZ Pyranometer. The new sensor has several advantages:
- Improved Cosine Response - The new design maintains sensitivity at greater angles of incidence, providing more accurate measurements when the sun is rising and setting.
- Improved Cable - A new shielded, twisted cable design replaces the old coaxial cable. It has thicker insulation for improved durability and better sealing.
- Improved Connector - New BNC cable connectors have reinforced strain relief to further improve durability.
- Removable Cable and Base - The sensor and cable both detach from the sensor base, making it easier to send out for calibration or replace just the cable or just the sensor at your site.
- Improved Sensor Housing - More robust water shedding and improved sealing prevent water ingress.
This kit includes a calibration certificate, leveling base, and 5 m (16.4 feet) cable.
Specifications Print Specs
|Li-Cor LI-200R Pyranometer (#10162)|
|Sensor type||Total solar radiation sensor|
|Sensor range||0 W/mÂ² to 3000 W/mÂ²|
|Instrument compatibility||All NRG data loggers.|
|Signal conditioning module||
|Signal type||Microamp current proportional to total solar radiation|
|Sensitivity||Typically 75 ÂµA per 1000 W/mÂ²|
|Linearity||Maximum deviation of 1 % up to 3000 W/mÂ²|
|Response time||Less than 1 μs|
|Transfer function||Included on calibration certificate|
|Output signal range||0 ÂµA to 225 ÂµA, typical|
|Cosine correction||Cosine corrected up to 82 Â° angle of incidence|
|Azimuth||< +/- 1 % error over 360 Â° at 45 Â° elevation|
|Tilt||No error induced from orientation|
|Mounting||Mounts to tower with custom NRG side mounting boom and hose clamps|
|Operating temperature range||-40 Â°C to 65 Â°C (-40 Â°F to 149 Â°F)|
|Temperature dependence||+/- 0.15 % per Â°C maximum|
|Operating humidity range||0 % to 95 %, non-condensing|
|Connections||3 bare wire leads|
|Cable length||5 m (16.4 feet)|
|Weight||24 g (0.85 ounces)|
|Cable||BL-type (3-wire bare leads)|
|Detector||High-stability silicon photovoltaic|
|Enclosure||Weatherproof anodized aluminum case with acrylic diffuser and stainless steel hardware|