April 27, 2018 | by NRG Team Voices | Lean Manufacturing + Supply Chain
At NRG Systems, we strive to shape our future with smart technologies for global resource sustainability and climate challenges. Our commitment to environmental stewardship is core to that mission, inspiring everything we do and how we do it. After more than 30 years of incorporating this ethic into our business practices it’s become second nature to us, but we felt it was time to take our commitment to the next level. Formalizing our environmental management system creates a common reference for communicating our environmental priorities and initiatives between the company and our employees, supplier network, and customers.
By self-certifying to the ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Standard, NRG Systems is committing to:
- Complying with the requirements of this standard – details can be found on the International Organization for Standardization website.
- Complying with applicable local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
- Considering the environmental impact of our products and services, striving to minimize emissions and waste.
- Protecting the health and safety of our employees.
- Efficiently using natural resources, including raw materials, energy, and water.
Since its inception, NRG Systems has been a company rooted in strong values, a passion for the renewable energy industry, and an expectation of high integrity. Louis Prue, NRG’s Quality Manager said “What is really exciting about this self-certification is how fundamental it is to the NRG culture. We all come to work each day because we enjoy the people we work with, the work we do has meaning, and we want to make a difference in the world. For us this isn’t just another corporate policy – continuous improvement and collectively achieving our environmental objectives is something we all get excited about.”
Learn more about NRG’s commitment to sustainability here.