Modbus Demo Client Utility
This application communicates with NRG products (e.g., Symphonie® iPackACCESS) via Modbus TCP and can be used to view the Modbus Register Set of the connected device. It is a lightweight utility that can be run off of a USB drive and be used at various points in your network to establish and troubleshoot the proper connectivity of your measurement system.
In the case of the SymphoniePRO Data Logger / iPackACCESS system, it is also useful to test data streams from each attached sensor. This version is compatible with both SymphoniePRO and SymphoniePLUS3 data loggers using iPackACCESS communication modules.
The Modbus Demo Client is also included in the SymphoniePRO Desktop Application installation package (V.2.0 and above) and can be found at: C:\Users\...\Documents\Renewable NRG Systems\Utilities.
The iPackACCESS Modbus Demo Client utility has been tested using the following Microsoft Windows versions:
- Windows XP
- Windows 7 Professional
- Extract ZIP file and instructions to any local folder (for example, C:\temp).
- This application can be run directly from the executable file and needs no installation.
- Start the application by double-clicking the NRGModbusDemoClient.exe file.
- Enter the active IP Address of your device (e.g., iPackACCESS).
- Change the port number, if you are using a port other than 502.
- Select the block of registers you are interested in seeing (defaults to ALL).
- Choose whether to save the results to a file.
- Click the Start Modbus Client button.
- The Modbus Demo Client application is a single executable file that does not need to be installed to run. It can be run directly from a USB drive or from a network file server. This makes it easy to test from any location on the network without the need for Administrator rights and program installations.
- This application attempts to open a TCP socket connection to the iPackACCESS on port 502. Warning messages may appear from your firewall the first time this application attempts to connect. If this does occur, select the option to allow the use of port 502 by the demo application.
- Since iPackACCESS can support multiple Modbus Clients, this application can be used simultaneously with other Modbus Clients. This can be helpful in debugging the setup of Modbus tag information in the end user application.
Download Calibration Reports
Our Calibration Report Retriever Tool is a comprehensive database of reports for the following products:
110S Temperature Sensor
200M Wind Vane
200P Wind Vane
BP20 Barometric Pressure Sensor
T60 + T60C Temperature Sensor
Thies First Class Advanced Anemometer
WindSensor P2546-OPR Anemometer
Whether you are troubleshooting in the field or learning how to install a product, we are here for you.