Site visit procedures
When making a site visit, check the following:
- Make sure the tower is straight. Standing at the base of the tower, look up to identify any bowed sections or curves in the tower that may have developed since the tower installation. Carefully adjust guy wires as necessary to straighten the tower.
- Check guy wires for excessive slack and adjust as necessary. It is normal for guy wires to stretch over time, and it is especially important to adjust them before they are subjected to icing or high winds.
- Check each anchor for movement or loosening. A loose anchor can also cause excessive slack in guy wires.
- Check that mounting booms, cellular antennas, temperature sensors, etc. are securely attached.
- Confirm that all grounding connections on the tower and on the logger are secure and haven’t corroded.
- Check instantaneous sensor readings on each channel of your data logger. Any sensor providing erroneous readings should be disconnected from the logger and tested independently and/or replaced. It is a good idea to always have spare sensors, memory cards, batteries and a spare data logger!
- Change the data logger’s batteries. Remember that batteries are cheap – it’s better to change them prematurely rather than risk losing data!
Download Calibration Reports
Our Calibration Report Retriever Tool is a comprehensive database of reports for the following products:
110S Temperature Sensor
200M Wind Vane
200P Wind Vane
BP20 Barometric Pressure Sensor
PVT1 PV Temperature Sensor
60 + T60C Temperature Sensor
Thies First Class Advanced Anemometer
WindSensor P2546-OPR Anemometer
Whether you are troubleshooting in the field or learning how to install a product, we are here for you.