Symphonie® iPackACCESS | BGAN M2M Satellite
Count on worldwide, worry-free remote communications and continuous power for your SymphoniePRO Data Logger with the Symphonie iPackACCESS | BGAN M2M Satellite kit.
The Symphonie iPackACCESS | BGAN M2M Satellite kit is is an internet-enabled communications and autonomous power system for the SymphoniePRO® Data Logger - Wind. Utilizing a BGAN M2M Satellite Module, this iPack connects your data logger to the internet through Inmarsat’s global satellite network and delivers measurement data to your desktop anywhere in the world.
Like all iPacks offered with SymphoniePRO, this system enables remote bi-directional communication with the SymphoniePRO Desktop Application using our MetLink protocol in addition to the traditional SMTP email data delivery path. MetLink connections can be initiated either by the logger or the SymphoniePRO Desktop Application, allowing you to connect remotely as needed.
Flexible scheduling options and support for multiple data delivery methods provide redundant paths for the transfer of critical resource data. Once established, remote MetLink connection sessions provide full access to the data logger and iPack, including:
- Automated or manual download of data files (alternative to SMTP email)
- Live data viewing for site health checks
- Configuration settings changes in the data logger or iPack
- Firmware upgrades to the data logger or iPack
Data Logger Connection
iPackACCESS attaches to a port located on the back of your SymphoniePRO data logger. This Ethernet-based iPack then connects to the BGAN M2M modem via Ethernet in addition to providing it 12 V power. The data logger and iPack are then secured to the Symphonie Shelter Box using four screws.
iPackACCESS contains two (2) rechargeable 12 V, 2.2 mAh sealed lead-acid (SLA) batteries with terminals for power in (via PV or external battery) as well as power out (to power BGAN M2M terminal). The battery charging circuit is designed for use with our external 15 W PV panel, which connects to terminals on the side of the iPack. Additionally, dedicated "12 V Out" terminals on the bottom of iPackACCESS provide smart-switched power to the BGAN M2M terminal when the iPack is configured for BGAN operation. This configuration keeps the internal batteries continuously charged and ensures reliable data logging and transfer operations.
Each iPackACCESS | BGAN M2M Satellite kit ships with a BGAN directional antenna for worry-free operation anywhere in the world.
Accounts and Programming
The BGAN M2M iPack system requires satellite data service and, if utilizing email for data delivery, an SMTP host to function properly. Satellite and email server accounts can be obtained with WindLinx service from our communications partner, Wireless Innovation. WindLinx is a worldwide service that streamlines account setup and the overall management of data transfer from multiple sites. The required settings for the accounts should be programmed into the Symphonie iPackACCESS prior to use.
- Automatic transfer of logged data via email, or additionally via direct MetLink connection
- Worldwide operation from any location
- Integrated autonomous power supply saves installation time and powers entire system
- Customizable data transmission fits your schedule or application with call intervals ranging from 10 minutes to 14 days
- WindLinx™-ready wireless service and web-based management portal
- Complete iPack history log to monitor events from communication sessions
- Automated GPS coordinate reporting
- Ability to remotely update the iPackACCESS firmware and configuration
In the Box
- One (1) iPackACCESS
- One (1) BGAN M2M Modem + hardware
- One (1) GPS antenna
Mon – Fri: 8:30am – 5:00pm Eastern Time (GMT-5)