Testing a BP-20 pressure sensor
- 7 V DC to 35 V DC source (12 V nominal, battery recommended)
- Digital Voltmeter (DVM) set to 20 V DC scale
- Disconnect BP-20 from logger
- Connect DC supply (-) to black wire
- Connect DC supply (+) to red wire
- Set DVM to 20 V DC scale
- Connect DVM (-) to black wire
- Connect DVM (+) to white wire (Note: older units have a both a green wire and white wire. In this case, use the green wire.)
Measure and record output voltage on white wire (typically near 4 Volts)...
To determine the absolute pressure as reported by the BP-20 use the following:
kPa = (21.79 x Vout) + 10.55
- Check this value against the logger display to confirm scale is correct.
- Check this value against another barometer to confirm reading is correct.
Note: BP-20 should draw about 8 mA of current
BP-20 voltage output is measured to be 4.123 V DC...
kPa = (21.79 X 4.123) + 10.55
kPa = 100.4
Download Calibration Reports
Our Calibration Report Retriever Tool is a comprehensive database of reports for the following products:
110S Temperature Sensor
200M Wind Vane
200P Wind Vane
BP20 Barometric Pressure Sensor
PVT1 PV Temperature Sensor
60 + T60C Temperature Sensor
Thies First Class Advanced Anemometer
WindSensor P2546-OPR Anemometer
Whether you are troubleshooting in the field or learning how to install a product, we are here for you.