80m Tower | Pulse Method
The pulse method is one of our recommended methods to check guy-wire tension both during the 80m Tower erection, and once erection is complete.
1. Apply a sharp jerk to the guy wire above its anchor point (just above the wire rope clips). The jerk to the guy wire will transmit a pulse along the wire. Coinciding with the applied jerk, start your stopwatch. Your stopwatch should be capable of measuring time to within a 1/10th of a second. Measure the time it takes the pulse to travel up and back down, twice. (N = 2 pulses)
2. One pulse may be used during erection when 2 is not possible. (N = 1 pulse)
4. Repeat the Pulse Method three (3) times on each guy wire and record the average value.
5. Verify the average measured pulse time is within the allowable range as shown in Table 4-2. See pg. 58 of manual for more information.
Here are the recommended pulse return time ranges in seconds:
N = 2 During Erection
Guy Level 1 = 2.5 – 4.3
N = 2 After Erection
Guy Level 1 = 2.5 – 3.1
N = 1 During Erection
Guy Level 1 = 2.0
6. If necessary, adjust the guy wire tension per the section entitled Adjusting Guy Wires.
Download Calibration Reports
Our Calibration Report Retriever Tool is a comprehensive database of reports for the following products:
110S Temperature Sensor
200M Wind Vane
200P Wind Vane
BP20 Barometric Pressure Sensor
PVT1 PV Temperature Sensor
60 + T60C Temperature Sensor
Thies First Class Advanced Anemometer
WindSensor P2546-OPR Anemometer
Whether you are troubleshooting in the field or learning how to install a product, we are here for you.