Soiling Measurement Kit
Quantify the site-specific impacts of soiling on prospective and current PV projects with NRG's Soiling Measurement Kit.
NRG’s Soiling Measurement Kit provides users with the information needed to quantify the site-specific impacts of soiling caused by snow, dust, and other particles on prospective and current PV projects. These data are used to improve pre-construction annual energy production (AEP) estimates as well as maintenance schedules (i.e., panel washing) and forecast models in the post-construction setting.
The Soiling Measurement Kit interfaces with the SymphoniePRO Data Logger via its interface module, which provides 0 V to 5 V (analog) signal outputs for the Isc CLEAN and Isc SOILED measurements. The interface module requires a single 12 V excitation (EXC) and ground connection (GND) available from any combination of built-in logger channels (16-19) and P-SCM channels (20-26).
Configurations of this kit exist both with and without P-SCMs depending on which data logger channels will be available and used for these measurements. When connected to P-SCM channels, the Isc output signals from the interface module require P-SCM item 9132, while the Soiling Measurement Kit's included temperature sensors for Temp CLEAN and Temp SOILED measurements can be connected directly to the logger's wiring panel and require P-SCM 9135 when used on P-SCM channels.
• Determine site-specific soiling loss characteristics with this turnkey soiling measurement solution.
• Install easily as an accessory to NRG’s SRA System – complete with PV modules, pre-installed back-of-module temperature sensors, flexible mounting hardware, and integrated soiling interface module.
• Measure short circuit current and back-of-module temperature with user’s choice of statistical interval as well as optional 1 Hz sample data collection for flexible analysis options to meet data demands.
In the Box
- Three (3) 35W PV panels (data logger power, dirty panel, clean panel)
- Two (2) back-of-module temperature sensors
- One (1) interface module (in shelter box)
- Two (2) x 9132 P-SCMs for Isc measurements (included in 11174 configuration)
- Two (2) x 9135 P-SCMs for temperature measurements (included in 11174 configuration)
- Related mounting and wiring components
Please call us at +1 802-482-2255 for specifications.