Windcube® Vertical Profiler
Measure wind speed at heights up to 200 meters and perform lower boundary layer sensing with the exceptionally portable Windcube Vertical Profiler.
The Windcube Vertical Profiler is a remote sensing wind measurement device that uses pulsed Doppler Lidar technology to provide high quality data on par with an industry standard met tower.
Introduced to the market by Leosphere, the Windcube Vertical Profiler has quickly become recognized as the market standard for superior performance for both wind resource assessment and wind farm performance monitoring. Lenders have readily adopted data provided by the Windcube Vertical Profiler and consider this device to be “best-in-class.” The Windcube Vertical Profiler is categorized as being in Stage 3 of DNV GL’s rigorous standards related to remote sensor acceptance for formal energy assessment purposes, and is suitable for use in contractual power performance testing under the guidelines of IEC 61400-12-1 [ed. 2].
More than 500 Windcube Vertical Profilers are now in operation globally.
Interested in Lidar for meteorological applications outside of wind energy? Visit www.scanninglidar.com to see how Lidar atmospheric solutions can help your organization gain actionable intelligence when it comes to air quality, aviation, weather intelligence, research, and more.
|40 to 200 meters|
|Data Sampling Rate||1 Hz|
|Measuring Distances||12 user-defined distances, measured simultaneously|
|Horizontal Wind Speed Accuracy||0.1 m/s|
|Horizontal Wind Speed Uncertainty||2-3% (following IEC 61400-12-1:2017)|
|Speed Range||0 to +60 m/s|
4 inclined beams at 28° + 1 vertical beam
NRG offers several Windcube Services to help you get the most out of your Vertical Profiler:
REMOTE POWER SOLUTIONS
NRG has worked hard to offer our Windcube Vertical Profiler customers a range of powering options to keep their Windcube Lidars running at 100% uptime. Options include turnkey solutions suited for a range of climates and environments as well as custom systems specially tailored to suit your project's unique needs.
Various rental and purchase options are available on a monthly basis for customers with a short-term measurement need. NRG rental units come pre-validated against a factory reference Lidar to ensure a traceable record of accuracy, and can be bundled with commissioning and decommissioning services from NRG to complete a truly turnkey approach to wind resource measurement.
Extended one- and two-year warranties are available for Windcube Vertical Profilers. Warranty Statement
Leosphere is a leading specialist in the development of Lidar technology for atmospheric observations. The company offers turnkey remote sensors that provide real-time tracking and measurement of particles, clouds, and wind. Leosphere’s products are used in various applications including wind energy, climatology, meteorology, and air quality. For more information, please visit www.leosphere.com.
- A Comparison of Remote Sensing Device Performance at Rotsea
- Assessment of the Repeatability and Stability of Windcube Performances
- Commercial Lidar Profilers for Wind Energy: A Comparative Guide
- Comparison of Lidars, German Test Station for Remote Sensing Devices
- Direct Lidar Measurement in Complex Terrain
- GL GH Position Statement on the WINDCUBE Remote Sensing Device
- Improved Bankability: The Ecofys position on Lidar use
- Lidar Measurement in Extreme Winter Conditions
- Lidar Simulator : A Coupled Wind and Lidar Simulator
- Lidars for Offshore Applications
- Measurement of Secondary Wind Characteristics by the WINDCUBE v2 LIDAR
- Measuring Wind Conditions and Wind Hazards with New Generation Lidars for Improving Air Traffic Management
- Measuring Wind Profiles in Complex Terrain Using Doppler Wind Lidar Systems with FCR™ and CFD Implementations
- Power Performance Measurements Using Remote Sensing
- Power Performance Testing with Stand-Alone WINDCUBE® Lidar
- Simulation of Doppler Lidar Measurement Range and Data Availability
- Test of an X-Band Doppler Polarimetric Radar Combined with a Doppler Lidar for Wind Shear Detection at Nice Airport
- Turbulence Assessment with Lidars
- Turbulence Intensity Measurements from a Variety of Doppler Lidar Instruments
- WINDCUBE and FCR test in Hrgud, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- WINDCUBE v2 and FCR Validation on Complex Site and Application for Resource Assessment Analysis
Please call us at +1 802-482-2255 for specifications.
Mon – Fri: 8:30am – 5:00pm Eastern Time (GMT-5)