SymphoniePLUS®3 Data Logger
Discontinued product. See below for details.
Note: SymphoniePLUS3 has been discontinued as of July 2017. Please consider the SymphoniePRO® Data Logger - Wind for your data logging needs. Please see this end-of-life announcement for more details or contact us DIRECTLY with questions.
Engineered to work seamlessly with our towers and sensors, SymphoniePLUS3 reliably collects and safely stores data in all weather conditions.
The innovative design of SymphoniePLUS3 allows you to log time-stamped data from up to 15 sensors. Six counter (anemometer) channels and two analog wind direction channels are built-in, while three “flex” channels and the remaining four analog channels allow for numerous sensor configuration options depending on the requirements of your particular measurement campaign.
Data is sampled every second, averaged and time-stamped every 10 minutes, and stored on an SD Card, 128MB. A real-time display and keypad are built into the logger to facilitate site visits. Stored data from the SymphoniePLUS3 can be routinely delivered anywhere in the world using the Symphonie iPackGPS communications and power supply module.
Our next generation data logger, the SymphoniePRO® Data Logger - Wind, is available for renewable energy professionals requiring more advanced features and flexibility.
Note: A Symphonie iPackGPS provides the necessary 12V power source necessary for several NRG sensors:
- NRG RH5X Relative Humidity Sensor
- NRG BP20 Barometric Pressure Sensor
- Tipping Bucket Rain Gauge
- NRG 40H Anemometer
For sites where remote communication is not needed, use a Symphonie® iPack | Power Only.
Universal Anemometer Compatibility
Six counter channels:
- Accommodate a range of anemometers, including:
- WindSensor P2546-OPR Anemometer
- Thies First Class Advanced Anemometer
- NRG Class 1 Anemometer
- NRG 40C Anemometer
- The brand of your choice
- Do not require SCM cards
Three “flex” channels:
- Can be used as either analog or counter sensor inputs
- Configure automatically based on the Symphonie® SCM Card installed
- Allow for numerous sensor configuration options
STREAMLINED DATA COLLECTION
Advanced data logging:
- Features one-second sampling (conforms to IEC 61400-12-1)
- Averages data over a 10-minute period
- Writes data to an SD card on an hourly basis
- Includes Symphonie Data Retriever (SDR) software
PASSWORD PROTECTED ACCESS
Unauthorized user lockout prevents access to logger via the keypad.
AUTOMATED DATA TRANSFER
SymphoniePLUS3 interfaces with your choice of Symphonie iPackGPS communications and power modules, which transfer data via third-party cellular or satellite services. When SymphoniePLUS3 is deployed with an iPackGPS, site visits to retrieve the SD card data become unnecessary; the data is automatically transferred through your assigned Internet Service Provider (ISP) via email. Additionally, SymphoniePLUS3 can be integrated into SCADA networks and deliver data over MODBUS protocol using the iPackACCESS communications module. All iPacks are designed to be "plug and play,” requiring only minimal hardware configuration. Browse iPack options on the page.
- Analog Voltage Input SCM
- Automation of Symphonie Data Retriever
- Connecting Vector A100 Series Sensors to Symphonie, SymphoniePLUS, and SymphoniePLUS3 Loggers
- Data Retrieval from NRG Data Loggers
- Digital Anemometer SCM
- Formatting an NRG-supplied SD Card for SymphoniePLUS3
- iPack Voltmeter SCM
- NRG Sensor Connections to Symphonie
- NRG Sensor Connections to SymphoniePLUS
- NRG Sensor Connections to SymphoniePLUS3
- POPAuto: Automation of E-mail Extraction for Symphonie Data
- Special Information for the Vertical Propeller Anemometer SCM for Symphonie Loggers
- Special Information for using 1 KΩ Direction Vanes on the Symphonie Logger
- Symphonie Data Retriever Sample Reports
- Using Symphonie Data Retriever to fix Leap Year Timestamps
- Using the Ammonit P6312 on NRG Symphonie Loggers
- Using the Kipp & Zonen CSD3 on NRG SymphoniePLUS and SymphoniePLUS3 Loggers
- Using the MetOne 50.5 Sonic Anemometer with Symphonie Loggers
- Using the RM Young Wind Monitor with the Symphonie Logger
- Using Thermopile Pyranometers on Symphonie Loggers
- Vane Offset Calculator for Symphonie Data Retriever (SDR)
- "Communication Failed" message in lower window bar of the SDR "Modify iPack Settings" window"
- "One or more CRCs do not match" error message
- Are Wiring Panels interchangeable between SymphonePLUS3 and older model data loggers?
- Batch processing Symphonie data files and exporting a single text file
- Bulgarian Regional Settings - short date format causes SDR to crash on data import
- Calculation of Turbulence Intensity on SDR wind rose report
- Can SDR Export data in MicroSoft Excel (.xls) format?
- Choosing a Data Plan for Symphonie Series Data Loggers
- Does SDR work with Linux?
- Does SDR work with Macintosh computers?
- Does the SymphoniePLUS3 data logger support multiple sensors that require 12V power?
- Drilling holes for Symphonie shelter box
- Gmail and PopAuto
- How can I check the iPack battery?
- How Do I Open Symphonie Data Files?
- How does SDR create 60 minute Standard Deviation (SD) values from 10 minute data?
- Identifying icing events in wind data
- Internet error 082 – SMTP server timed out
- Keeping the Symphonie logger clock set correctly - time servers that work for Symphonie
- List of Internet Error Codes returned by iPack to logger display
- Logger time stamps
- No message in lower window bar of the SDR "Modify iPack Settings" window
- POPAuto debug mode
- Rescaling NRG data logger ASCII (text) data in a spreadsheet
- SDR informs me that my logger settings may have changed...how does it know?
- SDR Troubleshooting / Debug mode
- Setting logger clock to Standard Time or Daylight Savings time
- Symphonie call-in interval
- Symphonie data files have wind speed readings of 1000 m/s or higher
- Symphonie Email Automation Utility - POPAuto.exe
- Symphonie Logger Event Log codes
- Text files exported from SDR for the same date range have the same header information but different scaled values
- USB to Serial Converters
- What is the model of the phone in my GSM iPack?
- Why Symphonie sends the same file two times
- Windows COMM Port Settings for SDR / WDR
Please call us at +1 802-482-2255 for specifications.
Mon – Fri: 8:30am – 5:00pm Eastern Time (GMT-5)
Symphonie® SCM Card
Condition your sensor’s output signal so that a SymphoniePLUS3 Data Logger can read it by installing a Symphonie Signal Conditioning Module (SCM).
Symphonie® Shelter Box | FRP
Protect your Symphonie series data logger and iPack from the elements with this fiberglass shelter box.
Symphonie® iPack Battery Replacement Kit
Use one of these kits to replace the battery in your Symphonie iPackGPS.
Shelter Box Combination Lock
Deter potential vandals from interfering with your data logger.
Protect your Symphonie® series data logger from moisture with this desiccant pack.
SD Card, 128MB
This 128MB SD Card is designed for use with the SymphoniePLUS®3 Data Logger.
Data Logger Wiring Panel Kits
Connect sensors and protect your data logger from electrostatic discharge with an NRG wiring panel.
Symphonie® iPack Programming Kit
Use this kit to program iPacks and Symphonie® series data loggers (SymphoniePLUS3 and older).
Symphonie® Yagi Antenna
The Symphonie Yagi Antenna is compatible with Symphonie series data loggers equipped with a CDMA or GSM iPack.