Symphonie® iPackGPS | 4G LTE-VZW
Automate the transfer of measurement data from the field to your desktop via Verizon's 4G LTE network.
The Symphonie iPackGPS | LTE-VZW is an internet-enabled communications and autonomous power module for Symphonie series data loggers. Utilizing a specialized cellular modem that connects your data logger to the internet through Verizon's 4G LTE cellular network (USA only), iPackGPS delivers measurement data from the field to your desktop.
When used with the SymphoniePRO® Data Logger, iPackGPS enables remote bi-directional communication with the SymphoniePRO Desktop Application using our MetLink protocol in addition to the traditional SMTP email data delivery path. MetLink connections can be initiated either by the logger or the SymphoniePRO Desktop Application, allowing you to connect remotely as needed.
Flexible scheduling options and support for multiple data delivery methods provide redundant paths for the transfer of critical resource data. Once established, remote MetLink connection sessions provide full access to the data logger and iPack, including:
- Automated or manual download of data files (alternative to SMTP email)
- Live data viewing for site health checks
- Configuration settings changes in the data logger or iPack
- Firmware upgrades to the data logger or iPack
DATA LOGGER CONNECTION
iPackGPS attaches to a port located on the back of your Symphonie series data logger. The iPackGPS and the data logger are then secured to a Symphonie shelter box using four screws.
The iPackGPS | LTE-VZW contains one rechargeable 12 V sealed lead-acid battery and a recharging circuit. The battery recharging circuit is designed for use with an external 15W PV panel that connects to terminals on the side of the iPackGPS. Terminals for an external power system are also available. This configuration keeps the internal batteries continuously charged—ensuring reliable data logging and transfer operations.
Each iPackGPS | LTE-VZW ships with an omnidirectional antenna appropriate for sites where a cellular tower is nearby. If a different antenna solution is required, please contact us.
ACCOUNTS AND PROGRAMMING
The iPackGPS | LTE-VZW requires Verizon Wireless's 4G LTE data service and an Internet Service Provider (ISP) account to function properly. GSM and ISP accounts need to be obtained from the provider of your choice, and the required settings for the accounts should be programmed into the Symphonie iPackGPS prior to use.
- Automatic transfer of logged data via email, or additionally, via direct MetLink connection when used with SymphoniePRO
- Operation from remote locations with Verizon Wireless 4G LTE service
- Integrated autonomous power supply saves installation time and powers entire system
- Customizable data transmission fits your schedule or application with call intervals ranging from 10 minutes to 14 days
- WindLinx™-ready wireless service and web-based management portal
- Access to network information including signal strength, network operator, modem band, DNS, and IP address
- Complete iPackGPS history log to monitor events from communication sessions
- Automated GPS coordinate reporting
- Ability to remotely update the iPackGPS firmware and configuration
In the Box
- One (1) Symphonie iPackGPS | LTE-VZW
- One (1) WindLinx SIM card with activation form
- One (1) cellular antenna
- One (1) GPS antenna
- Symphonie PV Panel | 15W sold separately.
- The iPack voltmeter SCM is now included in SymphoniePLUS3 data logger kits. SymphoniePRO includes built-in monitoring of the 12V power supply and does not require a separate interface module.
Specifications Print Specs
|4G LTE-VZW (#9390)|
|Accessory type||Internet-enabled remote communication and autonomous power module for Symphonie® series data loggers|
|Instrument compatibility||Symphonie series data loggers|
|Software||SymphoniePRO Desktop Application|
|Batteries||One (1) built-in 12 V Sealed Lead-Acid (SLA) battery with 2200 mA-hr rating|
|External solar input||12 V (nominal) solar PV panel or external power supply (15 - 24 V)|
|Other||External battery (12 - 14 V)|
|Tools required||8 mm (5/16") wrench or nut driver for mounting screws|
|Accessories||Cellular antenna and GPS antenna included|
|Dimensions||165 x 222 x 51mm ( 6.5 x 8.75 x 2.0 inches)|
Windows PC with desktop software for applicable data logger model:
Mon – Fri: 8:30am – 5:00pm Eastern Time (GMT-5)